This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) sets out the basis on which Africa Merchant Capital Ltd and its subsidiaries and associated companies (collectively, “AMC”) use your personal information. For the purposes of the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Africa Merchant Capital, of 25 Watling Street, London, EC4M 9BR, United Kingdom.
AMC is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. AMC will use your personal information fairly and lawfully.
If you are viewing this Notice on www.africamerchantcapital.co.uk (the “Site”), you accept that your use of the Site indicates your consent to the practices described in this Notice.
Whose personal information is collected?
AMC collects and uses information about the following groups of individuals:
- Clients, investors and beneficiaries (current, prospective and former) and any of their directors, officers, employees, partners, shareholders or agents;
- Suppliers and service providers;
- Professional advisers and consultants;
- Individuals who contact AMC by email, phone or otherwise;
- Employees, contractors and other members of staff (current, prospective and former); and
- Directors, officers and senior management of listed and private companies in which AMC may invest.
What types of personal information is collected?
AMC may collect and use personal information that is:
- Directly provided by you;
- Related to services provided to you by AMC;
- Received from your representatives or advisers;
- Received from third parties, including administrators of products and services advised by AMC;
- Sourced from public sources.
Purpose for collecting the personal information
- AMC may use the information held about you to:
- Provide you with information about AMC’s products, services, research or events;
- Assess your suitability for products or services;
- Process your investment in AMC sponsored funds or investment vehicles;
- Fulfil any contract between you and AMC;
- Fulfil any legal, regulatory or self-regulatory requirement that applies to AMC and/or any member of the AMC group of companies;
- Process your job application and assess your suitability for a vacancy with AMC;
- Ensure that the Site is effectively presented for you and for your computer or device;
- Administer the Site;
- Respond to any enquiry or complaint raised by you; and
- With respect to information about directors, officers and senior management of listed or private companies in which AMC may invest, finance or advise, for research and investment purposes.
AMC may also combine any information that you provide with the information received from other sources. The combined information may be used for the purposes set out above.
AMC may share your personal information with any member of the AMC group of companies for the purposes set out above.
- AMC may share your personal information with the selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract AMC enters into with them or you;
- Your current, prospective and former employers;
- Marketing providers that assist with the delivery of information to you;
- Analytics providers that assist in the improvement of the business or Site; and
- Administrators and directors of AMC sponsored funds, businesses or investment vehicles in connection with your subscription or investment in such funds, businesses or investment vehicles.
AMC may also share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- If AMC sells or buys any business or assets, it may be necessary to share your personal information with the prospective seller or buyer;
- If AMC is acquired by a third party, the personal information held by AMC will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If there is a duty to share your personal information in order to fulfil any legal, regulatory or self-regulatory requirement that applies to AMC and/or any member of the AMC group of companies.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
AMC is committed to protecting information that you provide. Physical, electronic and procedural safeguards are used to protect your information against unauthorised access, disclosure or loss. Authorised access to personal information is limited to only those employees, contractors and agents with a need to know, and is subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information that AMC collects from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by AMC or AMC’s suppliers operating outside of the EEA for the purposes set out above. By submitting your personal information to AMC, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. AMC will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with the Notice.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you and to request that such information is not used for any particular purpose (for example to provide you with information about AMC’s products, services, research or events). You can exercise these rights by writing to:
Africa Merchant Capital Ltd
25 Watling Street
or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Any changes AMC may make to this Notice will be posted on the Site. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.